|If you are here looking to obtain prints of my artwork, inquire about my doing a custom piece for you, or ask for permission to use my artwork for your own purposes, I expect you to have read the following before contacting me.|
- You don't need my permission to share my work on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, your personal blog, Pinterest, and so forth. You do, however, need to credit me as the original artist. Please use my real name "Shannon Hilson" when doing so, NOT my DeviantART user name or any other alias I may go by on the web. I also need to stress that while simply sharing is OK, adding my work to your personal galleries or using it to make backgrounds/avatars for your pages is not OK to do.
- I do not do link exchanges or feature exchanges of any kind, so please do not bother me with requests for such things. I'm not interested in helping anyone promote their artwork, their business, or their blog right now, nor am I interested in any more "publicity" for my own things. All of my galleries, blogs, and profiles are places to showcase my own work only.
- If you want to use my artwork in a project of your own, you must be willing to pay me a permission/licensing fee in order to do so. It does not matter if you're looking to turn a profit on what you're making or not, although that will affect the amount that I charge you. PM me with the details of your project and I'll quote you a price. "Publicity" or a link back to my gallery does not count as payment. If you are not willing or able to pay me in money to use my art, then please don't waste my time and yours asking.
- I am currently not taking on any small-budget personal art commissions. My writing career, personal life, and health issues have been keeping me extremely busy, so I just don't have the time or the inclination right now unless you're capable of paying me enough to make the required time and effort worth it to me. I just need to be very selective about how and where I spend my energy these days. I hope you understand.
- No, I do not give out courtesy prints to stock models whose stock I've used to make artwork. No, I don't make exceptions. Please don't ask, as this is one of my biggest pet peeves about this site. I think that free artwork starring you as the model is a perfectly acceptable trade-off for offering free stock in the first place. Expecting me to buy and ship you a gift on top of that is just incredibly rude, in my opinion. If you like my art enough to want it on your wall, please respect me enough as an artist to pay for it.
If you have any questions that aren't really answered here or elsewhere on my page, you're welcome to PM me and ask. Despite the way I probably sound sometimes, I won't bite.